The whole world has considerably gone digital. Everything now involves information and communications technology; from social media to advertising to public relations to education to business – the list is endless. Everyone; partners, prospects and customers are embracing digital technologies. This can be attributed to some of the following reasons
- Massive rise in connectivity and communication
- Benefits of mobile devices
- Convenience of cloud-based services
- Consumers spend more time online
- Easier & cheaper accessto information
- Reduced cost of accomplishing more task
There is now a hustle/competition by producers and consumers to have the best digital devices to solve one problem or the other. It’s no more just about the technology involved but also about the efficiency it offers, in terms of durability, ease-of-carriage and so on.
But these benefits come with increasing threats.
We will deal with the issue of safety today – viruses, spywares, phishing attacks,malicious software, hackers… WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU?Digital trends evolve daily, so professionals and equally everyone are faced with challenges and opportunities.No one can afford to remain ignorant of these trends.
An anti-virus is a computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software. Most antiviruses of today provide real-time/ automatic protection through regular scanning and monitoring of your system. It guards the system when any process is running.
There are a lot of good antiviruses like Norton, Bit-Defender, Kaspersky, …
Things To Look Out For When Choosing Antivirus
- False Positives/ False Alarm: When an anti-virus identifies a non-malicious file as malware. If it is configured to delete such file immediately, it may be difficult to recover it and also incur technical support costs.
- Unexpected Renewal Costs: In the license agreement of some antivirus, it is written that the subscription will be automatically renewed. So, once you don’t unsubscribe before the specified expiry date, the purchaser’s credit card will be automatically billed.
- The amount of resources it uses, i.e. how it slows done your systems
- Ease of use .i.e. Friendly user-interface
- Technical Support
- Efficiency in virus removal
P . S. In my honest opinion, Antivirus softwares are all the same and peoples taste differ. You need to update always. But the best is the one that takes the least possible memory and keep you safe.